Working in the beauty industry, we get to regularly work with brides and bridal parties to help ensure they look their best on the big day. There are tons of skincare treatments and beauty services that can sometimes be confusing and even scary to brides who aren’t sure where to start. This is why we wanted to share our pro tips and best practices to help our Spa One brides better understand their options so they will look absolutely radiant on their wedding day.
The first step once you have nailed down your dream glam squad is to have a consultation to find out what services are going to benefit you the most. This means meeting with your esthetician, makeup artist, hair stylist and other certified beauty pros to talk about your concerns and expectations leading up to and on the day of your wedding. While every bride will have different needs based on their beauty standards, we have built out a robust calendar that will certainly meet the needs of almost all of our brides.
4 Months Before
Schedule your first microneedling session. Microneedling is great for anyone with any skin type and it’s especially good for people with textural issues like large pores or acne scars. The technology is designed to gently injure the top layer of the skin which creates a response that increases collagen production and elastin to naturally repair itself.
Start your laser hair removal sessions. Bikini? Underarms? Face? We treat it all at Spa One! Laser hair removal typically takes 6-8 sessions spaced several weeks apart so we recommend starting early so you won’t need to worry about that unwanted hair during your wedding, and more importantly, the honeymoon!
3 Months Before
Schedule your second microneedling session. Most clients will want to schedule 3-6 microneedling treatments spaced about a month apart. This is to maximize the results and to leave you with a smooth, poreless complexion.
Keep up with your laser hair removal treatments. Your smooth-as-butter skin will be thanking you when you’re laying on the beach with your new hubby in a few months.
2 Months Before
Schedule your hair and makeup trial! The trial run is essential in making sure there are no surprises on your wedding day. We recommend bringing in lots of photos of hair and makeup looks that you like. It’s also important to communicate to your beauty specialist what your expectations are as well as your concerns. Having an open dialogue is key to achieving the look you want!
And don’t forget Microneedling session number 3 and any additional laser hair removal treatments!
1 Month Before
Now that your skin is in tip-top shape from your microneedling sessions, we recommend coming in to have a detoxifying chemical peel and microdermabrasion. This procedure is a quick, convenient way to have smoother, brighter skin without having to hide out for healing.
At this point you are most likely starting to feel the stress and pressure building up from months of wedding planning which is why we recommend coming in for a relaxing and rejuvenating massage. Our Spa One massage is specifically designed to relieve stress throughout your body, providing the ultimate in relaxation.
1 Week Before
It’s crunch time which is why we wanted to break it down day by day so you can get the most out of what we have to offer.
- 5 Days Before – HydraFacial MD is a next-generation skincare treatment that leaves skin looking more radiant and healthier than ever! It’s perfect for big event prep, like your wedding!
- 4 Days Before – Go bold with a full set of our Xtreme lashes! Our trained professionals can help you get the long, lush eyelashes you want — without mascara.
- 3 Days Before – Still have some unwanted hair? Come in for a last minute waxing of your brows, lip, underarms or any other area that you need!
- 2 Days Before – Get a summery glow that’s truly healthy with one of our Aviva Spray Tans! We can customize the look to give you a soft, sun-kissed glow, a deep bronze, or anything in between to complement your natural coloration.
- WEDDING DAY! Enjoy the day and know that our certified beauty specialists can be on-site to help ensure you look your most stunning on your special day!
Are you a bride looking for your beauty dream team? If so, give us a call at 518.944.2096 to schedule your free consultation or you can fill out this form here.