Experience medical-caliber treatments and results in the serenity of our new, luxurious spa.Request a Free Consultation
PROFILE™ Laser Skin Peel
A PROFILE laser peel at Spa One in Albany can significantly soften or correct a variety of skin conditions, including wrinkles, birthmarks, scars, sun spots, and actinic keratoses. If you're tired of trying to camouflage or cover up these imperfections, our caring professionals can help you feel more confident about your skin with this and other treatments.
To find out if this treatment is right for you, visit Spa One at The Plastic Surgery Group. Request a free cosmetic consultation by using our online form, or call (518) 944-2096 to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained professionals.
- Discomfort level: Moderate, managed with local and topical anesthetic; moderate to significant during recovery, managed with cool compresses and prescription medication
- Number of treatments: Usually 1, although this varies; sometimes performed in stages
- Recovery: Mild to moderate redness and swelling in treated areas; healing time varies by individual; skin can have residual pinkness for several weeks after treatment
- Aftercare: Avoid sun exposure; if you spend any time outdoors, wear a hat or protective clothing in addition to sunscreen
- Results: Long term, but treatment does not stop the normal aging process
Answers to Your Questions
How does the PROFILE laser peel work?
The PROFILE laser peel works by ablating a thin layer of skin to encourage new skin growth and increase collagen production. The depth of the peel can be customized for individual needs and personal aesthetic goals. The laser energy is delivered through a computer-controlled device for optimal precision.
Will it work for me?
The treatment works on wrinkles, birthmarks, sun damage, actinic keratoses, and scars on the face, neck, chest and hands.
Does it hurt?
Discomfort varies by the individual and the size and depth of the area treated. We'll offer you several anesthesia options to minimize discomfort. There is some discomfort during the healing process as old skin sloughs off and new skin forms. Any discomfort can be minimized by cold compresses and prescription medication.
How long does it take?
The length of time varies depending on several factors, and can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
How many treatments will I need?
Usually 1, although patient experiences vary; treatments can be staged depending on individual needs and goals.