The chemical peels we offer at our Albany, NY medical spa come in a wide variety of formulations to suit the varied skin types of our diverse patients. Chemical peels use chemical exfoliants, typically a combination of alpha-hydroxy acids and other ingredients, to refine the surface of the skin and improve its appearance. Different peels work at different levels, from superficial "maintenance" peels to more invasive peels that may require some rest at home. Regardless of your skin care needs, our aesthetic professionals look forward to helping you select the best peel for you.
Visit Spa One at The Plastic Surgery Group in Albany for a chemical peel or other skin care treatment. Request a free cosmetic consultation using our online form, or call (518) 944-2096 to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained professionals.
Our Selection of Chemical Peels
At Spa One, we trust peels by PCA SKIN® to give our patients the results they want. Our selection of PCA SKIN peels includes formulas for just about everyone, from patients in search of a glowing complexion to those who wish to target lasting cosmetic concerns. Our chemical peel options include, but are not limited to:
- Sensi Peel® is unique among chemical peels in that it's appropriate for patients who have very sensitive skin. With ingredients including lactic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), vitamin C, and kojic acid, this peel improves skin's texture and brightness.
- Ultra Peel® 1 is made especially for mature or dehydrated skin, although it can also be used to treat other skin concerns. The Ultra Peel 1 typically achieves a mild to moderate level of exfoliation, leaving skin plump and glowing with youthful vitality.
- Ultra Peel® 2 is intended to be used as a "booster" to other peels. Formulated with retinol and vitamin C, this creamy mask delivers intense hydration to the skin's deeper layers. By encouraging additional peeling, the Ultra Peel 2 can maximize the results of your selected peel.
- Esthetique® Peel can be administered alone or in tandem with another peel. Using a combination of lactic acid, vitamin A, antioxidants, and humectants, an Esthetique Peel promotes an even tone and a firmer texture while brightening skin.
- PCA Peel® is a type of Jessner's peel that addresses discoloration. The PCA Peel is formulated with hydroquinone, a powerful skin brightener. However, it is also available without hydroquinone for patients who are sensitive to this potent ingredient. The PCA Peel is also available with resorcinol, a flaking agent that enhances results for patients with oily or thick skin. Other active ingredients include salicylic acid for a clear complexion and lactic acid for deep moisture.
Skin Care With a Personal Touch
Our licensed estheticians know skin inside and out, and they're ready to help bring out the best in yours. Whatever your age or lifestyle, smooth, radiant skin is possible. Each esthetician brings her own expertise to Spa One. Enjoy laser hair removal, facials, microdermabrasion, microneedling and more with a human touch.
Answers to Your Questions About Chemical PeelsWhat is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a treatment that resurfaces and rejuvenates the skin. A chemical substance such as lactic acid, trichloroacetic acid, or salicylic acid is applied to the surface of the skin to remove its outer layers. Peels range in strength from mild to deep and are selected by one of our licensed estheticians to address the unique needs of your skin. Deep peels provide the most noticeable improvements but require longer healing time than mild peels.What are the benefits of having a chemical peel?
Chemical peels benefit the skin in a variety of ways. When properly selected by an experienced skin care professional, a chemical peel may provide one or more of the following improvements:
- Removing dry, dead skin cells to reveal new skin below
- Softening or erasing age spots, sun spots, and excess pigment
- Smoothing the skin's surface
- Promoting even skin tone
- Firming thinning skin
- Nourishing and hydrating the skin
For your safety and optimal results, it is advisable to have your chemical peel selected and applied by a licensed esthetician. You can trust that our team has the training and experience required to properly assess the needs of your skin, select the appropriate peel and apply it safely. At-home treatments often provide only mild or barely noticeable benefits. At Spa One, we use chemical peels that are proven safe and effective and are available to only skin health professionals.How much downtime will I need after a chemical peel?
Our PCA SKIN chemical peels are formulated to produce noticeable results without discomfort or downtime. We'll cover your expected results with you prior to your treatment.How can I maintain my results?
It is most important to consistently use a quality sunscreen product after a chemical peel or any skin rejuvenation treatment. Your esthetician will recommend a daily skin care regimen that can help you nourish and protect your skin, and you will have the opportunity to purchase the products while you are here.Are there alternatives to chemical peels?
We offer a range of the latest, proven effective laser skin treatments that vary in intensity and can provide more noticeable results than chemical peels. Options include the MicroLaserPeel™, ProFractional™, and PROFILE™ laser peel. Each treatment can be adjusted to your individual skin type and aesthetic goals.
You may also want to consider HydraFacial MD® treatments, which combine a chemical peel with hydradermabrasion, infusing the skin with serum boosters for a radiant, vibrant, and long-lasting result.
Other Skin Rejuvenation Options
Chemical peels aren't the only way to get beautiful skin at Spa One. Our aesthetic professionals are excited to help you choose the best skincare regimen for you. Our other skin treatments include: