There are many ways to exfoliate the skin and reveal the beauty that lies just beneath the surface. Microdermabrasion treatments are a quick, convenient way to have smoother, brighter skin without having to hide out for healing. These treatments provide beautiful results on their own and can also be used to prepare the skin for other skin rejuvenation treatments such as a laser peel.
- Treatment time: About 30 minutes when performed on its own
- Discomfort level: Little to none
- Number of treatments: Varies; usually, a series of treatments spaced 1 to 2 weeks apart is recommended
- Recovery: None; the skin will be pink for a few hours and may feel mildly sunburned for a day or 2
- Duration of results: Varies with your sun exposure and at-home skin care; maintenance treatments are recommended every 2 to 3 months
We’ll gladly provide you with a free initial consultation!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Microdermabrasion treatments gently polish away the outermost layer of dull, damaged skin with an abrasive substance to improve skin coloring and texture while stimulating collagen growth.
WHAT TYPES OF MICRODERMABRASION DO YOU OFFER?
- PowerPeel® exfoliates the skin with a fine spray of micro-crystals that are immediately vacuumed away along with the loosened skin cells.
- HydraFacial MD® combines hydradermabrasion (i.e, infusing the skin with serum boosters as it exfoliates) with a chemical peel, for especially long-lasting results.
You may also consider a dermaplaning treatment as an alternative to microdermabrasion. Dermaplaning also exfoliates the skin but uses a sharp blade to remove dead skin cells and peach fuzz.
- Removing dry, dead skin cells to reveal new skin below
- Softening or erasing age spots, sun spots, and excess pigment
- Smoothing the skin’s surface
- Promoting even skin tone
- Firming thinning skin
- Nourishing and hydrating the skin
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Microdermabrasion is typically used on exposed areas such as the face, neck, hands, chest, and legs. It should not be used on active acne. A facial may be better for acne treatment. Microdermabrasion treatments soften the appearance of age spots, sun damage, and superficial scars while leaving skin noticeably smoother and more radiant. We often combine microdermabrasion with a chemical peel to increase effectiveness and customize results.
We use microdermabrasion treatments on their own to prepare the skin for other treatments such as chemical peels, photo rejuvenation therapy, and laser resurfacing.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
First, our staff gently cleanses and dries the skin. Next, the esthetician slowly moves the treatment wand across the skin to exfoliate the outermost skin cells and vacuum them away. Once we have treated the entire area, we apply moisturizer and sunscreen.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
It takes about 30 minutes for microdermabrasion of the face, which is just right for your lunch break. Treatments will take longer with additional areas or if combined with other treatments.
IS THERE ANY DOWNTIME?
One of the reasons this treatment is so popular is that there is no downtime required. You may return to your normal daily activities and apply makeup as usual.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
Microneedling treatments work on the principle of “collagen induction therapy” to improve the appearance and texture of the skin by gently stimulating the skin’s natural regeneration process.
Reveal a brighter, smoother complexion by removing dead skin cells with dermaplaning treatments. Not only does dermaplaning exfoliate the skin, but it can also take off unwanted facial hair.
A professional facial can be a very relaxing and luxurious experience, but it’s also another intelligent choice for smooth, clear, radiant skin.